Wednesday 30 July 2014

Doctor Who in the comic strips!

 

1257a

Recently I’ve been doing some research into the world of comic strips for Doctor Who. I remember with great fondness the fourth doctor in the TV Comic. Now I know, these comic strips are not held with great regard. Course it’s very easy to either be blinded by nostalgia. At the same time I feel very strongly that we need to look at these comic strips as a product of their time, rather than compare them to modern day comic strips. I was extremely surprised to find a wealth of information about these old comic strips on the Internet.

During my research I also discovered some interesting sites; one that particularly excited me was a blog. There hasn’t been any post at this blog for some time, however I found it quite interesting to read and it includes many posts which includes all/most the Dalek stories that featured in the TV Comic. Sure TV Comic may have deviated from the established canon of the TV show; for one thing the Doctor seemingly had a cottage. Also notably the Doctor wasn’t as likeable and sexiest, more so than he’d ever been on television. The other main criticism is that many of the comic strips featured a poor standard of artwork in comparison to modern, strips. Nonetheless I, like many children have extremely fond memories of these, and in the 1970s they were pretty typical.

http://inkyadventuresintimeandspace.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment